COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: SWEDEN
â I became very interested in the the former
Yugoslavia during my first masterâs degree
studies when I was examining regional feminist
anti-militaristic organizations that were
cooperating with one another to resist aggressive
nationalist agendas. For my CEU masterâs I chose
to study Bosnian culture and the resistance to
nationalism with the use of arts-based initiatives,
which really demands a lot of local time and
integration into the art scene. CEUâs location
has allowed me to easily travel back and forth
to conduct my research. â
Merit-based Scholarships Available
Central European University is an English-language, graduate university located in Budapest, Hungary. With students from some 100 countries and faculty from more than 40, CEU offers an extraordinary student/faculty ratio of 8:1. CEU is accredited in the U.S. and Hungary.
CEU’s Nationalism Studies Program addresses issues of nationalism, self-determination, state formation, ethnic conflict, minority protection, language and citizenship rights, and constitutional design in modern and contemporary societies. It encourages critical and interdisciplinary approaches to the study of nationalism and provides students with a theoretical and methodological background in applied social sciences.
- Master of Arts in Nationalism Studies (One Year)
- Master of Arts in Nationalism Studies (Two Years)
Selected Areas of Research
- Democracy and transnational politics
- Self-determination and international minority protection
- Ethnicity and nationalism
- Transnational citizenship
- Nationalist politics and ethnicity
- Nationalism in Southeastern Europe
Scholarships and Fellowships
- CEU is committed to attracting talented students from around the worldâa commitment backed by generous financial aid. The University provides a variety of scholarships and research grants for which applicants from any country are eligible to apply.
- CEU Master’s Degree Fellowships (full or partial) include a full tuition scholarship (with a value of â¬11,000 to â¬12,000), housing in the CEU Residence Center, health insurance, and a monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
- CEU Master’s Degree Tuition Scholarships (full or partial) cover between 50 and 100 percent of tuition expenses up to â¬12,000 per year.
- Direct Student Loans and Canada Student Loans are available for eligible U.S. and Canadian students.
- External Scholarships and Financial Aid Programs administered through CEU include Erasmus Mundus scholarships, Erasmus research grants, and other private and public fellowships and scholarships.
Application Deadline | January 23, 2014
To apply, please click the More Information button below.