About CN Canadian Diversity Scholarships
CN Canadian Diversity Scholarships is Diversity Scholarship Program tenable in Canada. The scholarship offers grants to support the post-secondary education of women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, military veterans and people of Aboriginal heritage in Canada.
As part of this program, and to support its hiring needs, CN sponsors these deserving, best-in-class students enrolled in programs relevant to CN’s core business. Selected students will be awarded a $3,000 scholarship, tenable for one academic year.
Eligibility for CN Canadian Diversity Scholarships
The following four criteria must ALL be met to be an eligible CN Diversity Scholarship applicant:
1. Belong to one or more of the following groups
• Women • Visible Minorities • Persons with Disabilities • Aboriginals • Veterans
2. Who are enrolled in a technical, undergraduate or graduate degree for the upcoming academic year in of the following fields of study:
• Civil Engineering; Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunications; Industrial Engineering; Environmental Engineering; Mechanical/Agricultural & Biological Engineering; Railway Infrastructure Engineering (and all things Railroad specific); Software Engineering studies Or Computer Sciences
• Transportation & Logistics
Sales & Marketing:
• Business Administration/Marketing/Business Development
Human Resources; Aboriginal Studies & Law:
• Human Resources, Labour Relations; Aboriginal OR Native OR Indigenous Studies (including Native Law); Law
Accounting and Finance:
• Accounting, Commerce; Finance
3. Who are best-in-class (only those applicants who have obtained an average of 80% or above over the last three semesters of studies will be considered)
4. Who are interested in a summer internship at CN
Interested Students will be required to write an essay. Here is the details:
In more or less 500 words, tell CN about your educational goals and career plans. Be sure to talk about any community, family or school initiatives you may be involved in as well as personal challenges, and the importance of the CN Scholarship.
For detailed application instructions, please visit the link below.