Google Lime Scholarship is open to students studying in Canada or USA and also to International students studying both countries.
DEADLINE: Dec 4th 2020.
Google is committed to helping the innovators of the future make the most of their talents by providing scholarships and networking retreats for computer science students with disabilities.
Recipients of the 2021 Google Lime Scholarship will each receive a scholarship for the 2021-2022 academic year and the opportunity for a virtual “Google Lime Scholars” gathering in Summer 2021 to connect Scholars with each other, Google Scholar program leads, other Googlers (including Google Lime Scholars from previous years), and the Lime Connect team. Candidates will also be considered for software engineering internship opportunities with Google. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of candidates’ academic background and a demonstrated passion for computer science – $10,000 for those studying in the US and $5,000 for those studying in Canada (based on tuition costs).
2021 Scholarship Applicants must match the following criteria:
- A current undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. student enrolled at a university in the U.S. or Canada (freshmen/first years and international students studying in the U.S. or Canada are eligible to apply); and also
- Continuing current studies or intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a new program (e.g., graduating and pursuing an advanced degree) at a university in the U.S. or Canada in the 2021-2022 academic year
- Pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field (such as software engineering; or electrical engineering with a heavy computer science course load)
- Maintaining a strong academic performance
- A student with a visible or invisible disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a commitment to and passion for computer science and technology
- Previous Google Lime Scholars are unfortunately not able to be considered
- This scholarship is not open to current high school students.
Please note: scholarship recipients must be enrolled as full-time students for the 2021-2022 academic year. Enrollment will be verified after the winners are selected, and all scholarship payments will be made directly to the student to be used towards tuition and education-related expenses. We will withhold the award for any scholar who no longer meets the eligibility requirements and revoke the award for any scholar who does not maintain the eligibility requirements. Recipients may defer their award for up to one (1) year from the time of originally planned payment on a case by case basis as determined by Google.