The Kid at School Bi-Annual Contest Scholarship was established in 2015 to help support and inspire students to pursue further education in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), as well as economics and business. One student will be chosen from the applicant pool and will be awarded based on the strength of their written essay. The selected student will receive 1,500 USD to help cover education-related expenses.
The scholarship will be awarded to the qualified candidate who writes the most compelling essay on one of the prompts below.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Internet of Things
- Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality
Choose an industry or sector where the application of the technology of your choice might be uncommon, in your opinion, and describe which existing problems will be solved as a result.
How to apply:
To be considered for the scholarship award, you must complete the following steps
- Send an email to email with “KDS Scholarship Award: Your Name” in the subject field.
- In your submission email, write a short paragraph or two about yourself and why you chose the topic.
- Attach your essay as a PDF or Microsoft Word document to the email. The length of the essay should be a minimum of 1200 words (there is no maximum word limit) and include an introduction and conclusion. The essay should be original text and not published anywhere.
- In your submission email you must also provide the following information: your full name (and parent or guardian name if you are under 18), date of birth, college or university you are attending or plan to attend, your average GPA, expected year of graduation, your field of study, phone number, email address, copy of your school ID (if available) or other proof of attendance/acceptance from a college or university in the United States.
To be eligible to apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States;
- At the date of the award, you must be enrolled (or accepted with plans to attend) in a college or university in the United States;
- Your field of study is related to science, technology, engineering, math (STEM), economics, or business.
If you have any more questions, please email email@example.com.