The International master student award is available to International/study permit students
- International students who are registered full time and assessed international tuition fees.
- Normally given to students in research-based programs (thesis or major research paper).
- Will normally only be given to students entering the first term of their program (term 1.0).
- Students must demonstrate academic excellence through criteria established by the Faculty.
- Students must meet the academic progress requirements of their program and not have outstanding probationary admission requirements.
- This award could be in addition to other internal or external scholarships (e.g., UW Graduate Scholarship, OGS, etc). Note: scholarships are different than sponsorships – see next bullet.
- Normally, students should not be concurrently receiving foreign government or agency sponsorship (e.g., China Scholarship Council, Libyan sponsorship, etc) or be fully or partially self-funded in excess of the Faculty minimum levels of support.
- Students grandparented under the existing IMSA program cannot be nominated for an IMAE; however, a student previously awarded an IMSA for a previously completed master’s degree can be nominated for an IMAE.
- Students will be automatically considered for this award based on their application for admission. Departments and/or Faculty will define their own internal process by which they select recipients based on the eligibility criteria and allocation.
- Faculties may impose stricter eligibility criteria as appropriate.