Supervisors: Â Â Dr Daniel Commane
Project Overview:Â Â This is an industry sponsored studentship available to UK or EU citizens only. Sponsor: Herbalife Europe Limited. The student will be based in the Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences at the University of Reading. They will carry out studies investigating the effects of novel prebiotic mixtures on the gastrointestinal microbiota using continuous culture fermentation models in addition to human dietary intervention studies of satiety and microbiota composition.
- The ideal candidate will have a 2.1 or above in a food science/nutrition degree or a closely related discipline.
- Desirable qualities include experience of carrying out in vitro and/in vivo studies, enthusiasm, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to plan and self-direct their workload.
- Due to restrictions on the funding this studentship is only open to candidates from the UK/EU.Â
Funding Details: Â Â
- Stipend Â£14000 P.A for three years
- PhD tuition fees paid at Home/EU rate
- Commencing October 2013
How to apply:Â Applications should be made via CV and covering letter addressed to:
Dr Daniel Commane
Dept. Food & Nutritional Sciences
University of Reading
Reading RG6 6AHÂ Â
Application Deadline:Â 31st July 2013
Further Enquiries:Â Please note that, where a candidate is successful in being awarded funding, this will be confirmed via a formal studentship award letter; this will be provided separately from any Offer of Admission and will be subject to standard checks for eligibility and other criteria.Â For further details please contact Dr Daniel Commane tel. 0118 378 7108 [email protected].