COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: CHINA
â I did my first masterâs degree in digital and
media editing and publishing and my interest in
digital anthropology led me to choose the CEU
Department of Sociology and Social Anthropolgy
for a second degree. The professors here are very
good and dedicated and they helped me transition
into my newly chosen field. From the time I chose
my thesis topic-Chinese TV dating shows-
professors have been extremely supportive and
helped me frame my topic and guide my writing
style. I was also extremely lucky to have financial
support from the department for my research
trip to Beijing, where I conducted interviews and
observed show auditions. â
Merit-based Scholarships Available
Central European University is an English-language, graduate university located in Budapest, Hungary. With students from some 100 countries and faculty from more than 40, CEU offers an extraordinary student/faculty ratio of 8:1. CEU is accredited in the U.S. and Hungary.
CEU’s Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology emphasizes interdisciplinary and critical approaches to social issues. The integrated study of two disciplines fosters an environment that is conscious of the historicity of social science categories and theories, their meaning in different cultures, and engagement in the practical world.
- Master of Arts in Sociology and Social Anthropology (One Year)
- Master of Arts in Sociology and Social Anthropology (Two Years)
Select Areas of Research
- Urban studies
- Knowledge production
- Social networks
Scholarships and Fellowships
- CEU is committed to attracting talented students from around the worldâa commitment backed by generous financial aid. The University provides a variety of scholarships and research grants for which applicants from any country are eligible to apply.
- CEU Master’s Degree Fellowships (full or partial) include a full tuition scholarship (with a value of â¬11,000 to â¬12,000), housing in the CEU Residence Center, health insurance, and a monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
- CEU Master’s Degree Tuition Scholarships (full or partial) cover between 50 and 100 percent of tuition expenses up to â¬12,000 per year.
- Direct Student Loans and Canada Student Loans are available for eligible U.S. and Canadian students.
- External Scholarships and Financial Aid Programs administered through CEU include Erasmus Mundus scholarships, Erasmus research grants, and other private and public fellowships and scholarships.
Application Deadline | January 23, 2014
To apply, please click the More Information button below.