COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: VENEZUELA
â The CEU Legal Studies Department is deeply
committed to encouraging human rights and
democracy debates and that is crucial for students
of today. It has definitely made a marked
difference within my career by focusing on issues
that were not obvious to me before coming to
CEU. I believe that my experience here has made
me a more open-minded person and conscious
of the problems of the world – not only to discuss
them, but to propose a solution. One of my professors
said to me that being the change requires you to
open your mind, listen to those who think
differently than you and come to solutions that
bear in mind all the interested parties in the game. â
Merit-based Scholarships Available
Central European University is an English-language, graduate university located in Budapest, Hungary. With students from some 100 countries and faculty from more than 40, CEU offers an extraordinary student/faculty ratio of 8:1. CEU is accredited in the U.S. and Hungary.
CEU’s Department of Legal Studies offers advanced degree programs in comparative constitutional law, human rights, and international business law. The curriculum combines international and regional intellectual traditions and offers students hands-on experience and internship opportunities.
Outstanding professors (including recurrent visitors from top universities around the world) introduce students to state-of-the-art legal research, reasoning, and writing, enabling them to compete successfully for jobs in various fields of legal practice and research after graduation.
- Master of Laws in Comparative Constitutional Law (LLM) (One Year)
- Master of Laws in Human Rights (HR LLM), Master of Arts in Human Rights (HR MA) (One Year)
- Master of Laws in International Business Law (LLM) (One Year)
Selected Areas of Research
- Constitution-making in comparative perspective
- International and European protection of human rights
- Civil and political rights in established and emerging democracies
- Human rights and criminal justice
- Human rights advocacy and strategic litigation
- Roma rights
- International commercial arbitration
- Bankruptcy and secured transactions law
- Corporate governance
- Intellectual property
- Capital markets and securities regulation in emerging markets
Scholarships and Fellowships
- CEU is committed to attracting talented students from around the worldâa commitment backed by generous financial aid. The University provides a variety of scholarships and research grants for which applicants from any country are eligible to apply.
- CEU Master’s Degree Fellowships (full or partial) include a full tuition scholarship (with a value of â¬11,000 to â¬12,000), housing in the CEU Residence Center, health insurance, and a monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
- CEU Master’s Degree Tuition Scholarships (full or partial) cover between 50 and 100 percent of tuition expenses up to â¬12,000 per year.
- Direct Student Loans and Canada Student Loans are available for eligible U.S. and Canadian students.
- External Scholarships and Financial Aid Programs administered through CEU include Erasmus Mundus scholarships, Erasmus research grants, and other private and public fellowships and scholarships.
Application Deadline | January 23, 2014
To apply, please click the More Information button below.