COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: HONG KONG
â As one of the student representatives in the CEU
Sustainability Advisory Committee and a member
of the student-led Sustainable Campus Initiative,
I am grateful for the abundant opportunities on
campus for students to put their knowledge into
action, therefore making a difference in moving
CEU toward sustainability. I was recently
involved in preparing CEUâs first sustainability
report as part of the coursework for one of our
classes. We were encouraged to see how the
research and the final report have stimulated
discussion among the internal stakeholders and
that they are being referenced for the campus
redevelopment project. â
Merit-based Scholarships Available
Central European University is an English-language, graduate university located in Budapest, Hungary. With students from some 100 countries and faculty from more than 40, CEU offers an extraordinary student/faculty ratio of 8:1. CEU is accredited in the U.S. and Hungary.
CEU’s Department of Environmental Sciences and Policy combines general academic research with specialized professional education in environmental sciences and policy. The program focuses on integrating theory and practice and developing innovative solutions for environmental and environment-related problems.
- Master of Science in Environmental Sciences and Policy (One Year)
- Master of Science in Environmental Sciences, Policy and Management (MESPOM) (Two Years)
Selected Areas of Research
- Biodiversity conservation
- Natural resources management and sustainable agriculture
- Environmental policy and governance
- Environmental sociology and political ecology
- Sustainable energy systems
Scholarships and Fellowships
- CEU is committed to attracting talented students from around the worldâa commitment backed by generous financial aid. The University provides a variety of scholarships and research grants for which applicants from any country are eligible to apply.
- CEU Master’s Degree Fellowships (full or partial) include a full tuition scholarship (with a value of â¬11,000 to â¬12,000), housing in the CEU Residence Center, health insurance, and a monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
- CEU Master’s Degree Tuition Scholarships (full or partial) cover between 50 and 100 percent of tuition expenses up to â¬12,000 per year.
- Direct Student Loans and Canada Student Loans are available for eligible U.S. and Canadian students.
- External Scholarships and Financial Aid Programs administered through CEU include Erasmus Mundus scholarships, Erasmus research grants, and other private and public fellowships and scholarships.
MESPOMâJanuary 2, 2014: for candidates applying for Erasmus Mundus scholarships. Complete applications must be submitted with proof of English proficiency.
May 5, 2014: for candidates not applying for scholarships. Complete applications must be submitted with proof of English proficiency.
All other programsâJanuary 23, 2014: for candidates applying for scholarships.
To apply, please click the More Information button below.