COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: POLAND
â I came to CEU because I wanted to study at an
international place that focuses on Europe and the
European Commission. I respect the mission and
ideas of the University and I especially like the fact
that there is no majority of ethnicity. I value
working with students from the local region who
were exposed to war and whose stories play a
valuable role in helping me to better understand
the history and politics of Central Europe. The
opportunity to live and work with students from
all over the world allows us all to see beyond
stereotypes, which I think is very positive. â
Merit-based Scholarships Available
Central European University is an English-language, graduate university located in Budapest, Hungary. With students from some 100 countries and faculty from more than 40, CEU offers an extraordinary student/faculty ratio of 8:1. CEU is accredited in the U.S. and Hungary.
CEU’s Department of International Relations and European Studies integrates international relations research with regional expertise in the European Union, the wider European neighborhood, and the evolving role of the EU, China, the United States, and Russia in global affairs. IRES combines international relations theory, international political economy, and security studies with multidisciplinary approaches to the study of transnational, national, and subnational politics in Europe and beyond. In 2013, CEUâs program was named in the worldâs top 50 for political science and international relations in the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) rankings.
- Master of Arts in International Relations and European Studies (One Year)
Selected Areas of Research
- International relations and law
- Ethnic conflict, civil wars, and conflict resolution
- International political economy
- EU enlargement and integration
- Security theory
- Transnational capitalism in Eastern Europe
- European security and defense policy
- Political economy of the EU
- Politics of the former Soviet Union
- International relations of East Asia
- Sociopolitical change in the Middle East and East Africa
Scholarships and Fellowships
- CEU is committed to attracting talented students from around the worldâa commitment backed by generous financial aid. The University provides a variety of scholarships and research grants for which applicants from any country are eligible to apply.
- CEU Master’s Degree Fellowships (full or partial) include a full tuition scholarship (with a value of â¬11,000 to â¬12,000), housing in the CEU Residence Center, health insurance, and a monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
- CEU Master’s Degree Tuition Scholarships (full or partial) cover between 50 and 100 percent of tuition expenses up to â¬12,000 per year.
- Direct Student Loans and Canada Student Loans are available for eligible U.S. and Canadian students.
- External Scholarships and Financial Aid Programs administered through CEU include Erasmus Mundus scholarships, Erasmus research grants, and other private and public fellowships and scholarships.
Application Deadline | January 23, 2014
To apply, please click the More Information button below.