The University wishes to appoint a Graduate Scholar in the field of Adaptation Studies whoÂ will register as a full-time MPhil/PhD student and teach up to six hours per week (seminars, tutorials, marking and assisting in monitoring the academic progress of students).
The Scholarship will offer:
- MPhil/PhD fee waiver at the home/EU rate (scholarship only open to UK/EU students);
- Tax-free stipend of Â£7000 per annum;
- Support, subject to satisfactory performance and academic progress, for three years;
- Principal supervision by Professor Jeremy Strong (co-chair of the Association of Adaptation Studies)
- a CV that includes the names of two academic referees.
- a personal statement (1 side of A4) outlining your suitability for the role.
- an initial proposal (1 side of A4) for your intended topic.
Applicants will be expected to hold an excellent undergraduate degree in a relevant Humanities discipline. An MA is desirable but not essential.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 12 December 2013.