Salary: The post is funded through Marie Curie ITN project, therefore the salary will be GBP equivalent to 51,072â¬, which is fixed and not negotiable.
Bio Nano Consulting has one full-time PhD Studentship available for a project to develop methods for label-free imaging of drugs in cells and tissues. The successful candidate will be part of the Bio Nano Consulting team, and will be a member of an international collaborative research project (European FP7 Marie Curie Initial Training Network) on nanomicrowaves. They will be registered for a PhD degree at Imperial College London based in the laboratory of Professor Tony Cass in the Chemistry Department. This is an excellent opportunity to pursue research in nanoscience with a strong industrial flavour. The post is offered for a period of 36 months.
Duties and Responsibilities
- to take initiative in the planning of the research, in collaboration with the lead investigator, and other collaborators
- to identify and develop suitable techniques for the collection and analysis of data
- to collect and analyse data relevant to the project aims
- to ensure the validity and reliability of data at all times
- to maintain accurate and complete records of all findings
- to travel, as required, for meetings with (potential) collaborators, to attend conferences, and project progress meetings
- to undertake appropriate administrative tasks associated with the project
- to prepare progress reports on research as required.
- to contribute to the drafting and submitting of papers to peer reviewed journals.
- The postholder will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by Bio Nano Consulting.
- to develop contacts and research collaborations
- to comply with relevant BNC and Imperial College London policies, including Financial Regulations, Equal Opportunities Policy, Promoting Race Equality Policy, Health and Safety Policy, Information Systems Security Policy and Intellectual Property Rights and Register of Interests Policies
Bio Nano Consulting (BNC) is a UK based commercially focussed consultancy, which addresses technical problems from industry utilising world class technology and expertise. We provide experienced project management and client facing business development to ensure projects are run on time and to budget. We have strong relationships with and a rapidly expanding portfolio of clients from a variety of sectors; these include biotechnology, defence, electronics, pharmaceutical and med-tech.
Please click the APPLY button below for more details.