3 Year PhD Studentship (URS: Graduate School) in the Department of Economics
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences is currently offering a number of three year Postgraduate Research funding opportunities http://www.bath.ac.uk/hss/graduate-school/funding/research-funding/ for full-time UK and overseas candidates including:Â Graduate School Studentships in the Department of Economics
About the Department
The Department of Economics has an excellent reputation for a high standard of teaching that provides graduates with core economic theory and practical transferable skills. We are currently ranked 12th in the UK for economics and our staff achieved a national ranking of 5th or higher in their specialist areas in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE). We pride ourselves on being a lively and friendly department.
We have a wide variety of research interests, whilst maintaining a strong macroeconomic, microeconomic and applied economic core.
Areas of specialism
- Monetary economics
- Finance economics
- Environmental economics
- Development economics
- Institutional economics
- Labour economics
Successful Candidates should:
- Fulfil the entrance requirements for a Department of Economics MPhil/PhD (http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/pg/programmes/mphi-econ).
- Fulfil the URS terms and conditions (http://www.bath.ac.uk/hss/pdf/funding-terms-conditions/university-research-studentships-graduate-school.pdf)
The Graduate School Studentship provides funding for three years. Each year includes:
- Home/EU tuition fee (please note: overseas applicants will need to find alternative funding to make up the fees shortfall)
- Stipend of Â£13,726 (for living expenses) (2014/15 rate to be confirmed)
- Training Support Grant of Â£1,000 per year (for travel, fieldwork etc.)
How to apply
Applicants should apply online to study for a full time MPhil/PhD in Economics.
The application will also ask you to complete a funding request form. Use this to explain your experience and reasons for applying for this studentship.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon (GMT), 13th February 2014.
Should be addressed to the Faculty Admissions team at [email protected]