3 Year PhD Studentship (URS: Graduate School Studentship) in the Department of Psychology
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences is currently offering a number of three year Postgraduate Research funding opportunities http://www.bath.ac.uk/hss/graduate-school/funding/research-funding/ for full-time UK and overseas candidates including:Â Graduate School Studentships in the Department of PsychologyÂ
About the Department
The Department of Psychology is world-renowned for its excellence in both teaching and research. We have 26 academic staff and almost 300 undergraduates as well as a thriving postgraduate community.
We have been recently ranked:
- 3rd in the Complete University Guide (in association with The Independent)
- 4th in the Times Good University Guide
- 4th in the Sunday Times University Guide
- 5th in the Times Higher Education league table
- 4th in the Guardian league table
We have a distinctive research profile and a long-standing record of cutting-edge, theoretically-informed research in applied aspects of psychology.
We organise a series of seminars during term time.Â
Our research themes are:
- Clinical Psychology
- Cognition, Affective Science & Technology Laboratories (CASTL)
- Health Psychology
- Social & Cultural Psychology
In the Research Assessment Exercise (RAE 2008), over half our staff were affiliated with research areas ranked in the top five across the country.
Successful Candidates should:Â
- Fulfil the entrance requirements for a Department of Psychology MPhil/PhD (http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/pg/programmes/mphi-psyc/).
- Fulfil the URS terms and conditions (http://www.bath.ac.uk/hss/pdf/funding-terms-conditions/university-research-studentships-graduate-school.pdf)
The Graduate School Studentship provides funding for three years. Each year includes:
- Home/EU tuition fee (please note: overseas applicants will need to find alternative funding to make up the shortfall in fees)
- Stipend of Â£13,726 (for living expenses) (2014/15 rate to be confirmed)
- Training Support Grant of Â£1,000 per year (for travel, fieldwork etc.)
How to apply
Applicants should apply online to study for a full time MPhil/PhD in Psychology.
The application will also ask you to complete a funding request form. Use this to explain your experience and reasons for applying for this studentship.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon (GMT), 13th February 2014.
Should be addressed to the Faculty Admissions team at [email protected]