Nottingham Business School (NBS) has an outstanding reputation for our commitment to research that shapes lives and society. As part of our continued pledge to invest in research excellence we are delighted to announce the availability of a number of fully funded PhD bursary places.
Nottingham Business School has seen a rapid expansion of research activity in recent years and this was confirmed by the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise, where, 80% of our research was recognised internationally. We currently have some 50 students pursuing PhDs at Nottingham Business School who compliments a well-established Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) programme.
Research is undertaken across a range of disciplines including economics, human resource management, information systems, marketing, accountancy and management, and around a range of issues including social, environmental and governmental concerns. More specifically this call is focused on attracting outstanding candidates to undertake a specific research project supervised directly by one of NBSâs growing number of Research Professors. The specific projects are identified as follows:
- âDefining, measuring and improving âservice orientationâ in customer service contact centres (in the retail and service sector).â Professor Kim Cassidy (email: [email protected] )
- âAntecedents and consequences of corporate governance.â Professor Musa Mangena (email: [email protected] )
- âWomen owned SMEâs attitudes to growth: a sectoral analysis of marketing SMEs.â Professor Clare Brindley (email: [email protected] )
- âThe uses and value of prediction markets in forecasting uncertain event outcomes.â Professor Leighton Vaughan Williams (email: [email protected])
- âTechnology and product development interface in the global automobile industry: A comparative study of theory and practice amongst the major automotive centres.â Professor Baback Yazdani (email: [email protected])
- âIdentifying the core skills and bodies of knowledge for effective strategic decision making. Professor Dalvir Samra-Fredericks (email: [email protected])
- âRisk reporting, financial sustainability and corporate governance.â Professor Paul Klumpes (email: [email protected])
The Deanâs bursaries are competitive and outstanding applicants are encouraged to apply for one of the above-mentioned projects.
For informal enquiries about the bursaries, please contact the named Director of Studies for the project you are interested in. For an informal discussion about your ideas prior to making a formal application, please contact:
Head of Research
Nottingham Business School (NBS)
Direct line: +44 (0)115 848 8205
Find out more and download an information packÂ by clicking the ‘Apply’ link below.
Applications can be accepted from UK/EU and also International students. The minimum English language proficiency requirement for candidates who have not undertaken a higher degree at a UK HE institution is IELTS 6.5 (with no element to be below 6.0) or TOEFL 560/iBT 94-95.
Applicants should hold a Masters degree.
The bursaries are fees only and will pay Home/EU fees for up to three years. International students will be required to pay the difference between Home/EU and International fees.