Deadline: February 15th, 2013
Number to be Awarded: 10
Commencement date: September 2013,
This scholarship is exclusively for Nigerian students from the from the three Niger Delta States to further their education in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
Shell Development Corporation established this scholarships in partnership with three internationally recognised universities in the United Kingdom (UK) – Imperial College London, University College London and the University of Leeds.
Here are the Universities and required Fields of Study
IMPERIAL COLLEGE LONDON
- MSc PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
- MSc PETROLEUM GEOSCIENCE
- MSc PETROLEUM GEOPHYSICS
- MSc ENGINEERING GEOLOGY
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON
- MSc CHEMICAL PROCESS ENGINEERING
- MSc MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MSc CIVIL ENGINEERING
UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS
- MSc EXPLORATION GEOPHYSICS
- MSc ELECTRONIC/ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- meet the university’s language requirement (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS)
- be aged between 21-28 years
- be an indigene of Rivers, Delta or Bayelsa States (documentary proof of this will be required)
- currently reside in Nigeria
- intend to return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed programme of study
- have obtained a university degree of at least an equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours Degree)
- not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- Submit application for admission into any of the three universities for any of the qualifying courses
- Application forms for the scholarship will be available ONLY through the participating universities, following an offer of admission
- Universities will process application and select candidates to attend an interview before being considered for final selection
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities no later than February 15, 2013.
WHAT IS COVERED:
The scholarship will cover tuition fees, one return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
MORE INFORMATION CAN BE OBTAINED AT firstname.lastname@example.org or through the individual universities.