The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested
and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2020/2021 Nomination Computer Based Test (CBT)
for the Federal Government Scholarship Awards for:
BILATERAL EDUCATION AGREEMENT (BEA)
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
FIELDS OF STUDY
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc.; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
A. UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must:
- Possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2018 & 2019) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2019) only.
- The age range is from 18 to 20 years.
B. POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must:
- Hold a First Degree Certificate with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- Hold N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates
- Present evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants age must not exceed 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
GENERAL NOTE FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake
a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
- Japan applicants must have a solid background in further mathematics;
- The required certificate for candidates applying for Bachelor in Imamat, Quran Teaching Professor and Imam Preacher Training for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is
WASSCE/WAEC, and no other certificate is accepted;
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference, and must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu which will hopefully be opened between October and November 2019,
Complete the application form online,
Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to required documents above;
- All applicants for Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia;
- All Applicants to upload their certificates online;
- The duration for Serbian undergraduate scholarship is Eight (8) years general courses and Nine (9) years for Medicine and postgraduate studies, 3-4years for MSC and 5-6years for PhD.
All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website and click on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page,
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the Examination slip.
- Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
i) Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
ii) Data page of the current International passport;
iii) Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
iv) National Identification Number (NIN)
v) Police Clearance Certificate where necessary
Deadline: Friday 6th December 2019 by 11:59 PM
Warning: Double Entries will be disqualified!