The University invites applications for five competitively awarded fully-funded full time research studentships, to commence 1 October 2013. Â Applicants must have (or be about to complete) a relevant degree (at least a 2:1 Honours or a Masters) and should submit a proposal that demonstrates an aptitude for researching a specific topic covered by one of the following themes:
- Storytelling and Adolescence: narrative, empowerment and writing one’s own place in the world (This is an AHRC funded Collaborative Doctoral Award within the Faculty of Arts in collaboration with York Theatre Royal)
- Current education policy in England: process and impact
- Black mixed-heritage voices on Theology
- Motivation and adherence in cardiac rehabilitation
- Understanding specialist Fair Trade enterprises
The studentships will include the payment of tuition fees and carry a bursary of Â£14,400 per annum. Studentships will be renewed annually, subject to suitable progress, for a maximum of 3 years.
Students will be provided with excellent facilities in the Universityâs Graduate Centre in the heart of York.Â Research degrees are awarded by the University of Leeds.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 30 June 2013
For further details and an application form visit our web site, via the âApplyâ button below.