PhD Studentships Available for September 2014
We are pleased to offer a maximum of four funded PhD studentships, starting in September 2014, allowing the successful candidates to complete their doctorate working with top researchers in the School of Psychology, University of Dundee. Applicants will be expected to hold a First or Upper Second class degree in Psychology (or in a related area) before they commence their PhD studies.
Areas of research are outlined at
Specific staff interests at
with more details at
The award of a studentship will be based on a competitive process and is subject to the availability of funding. If awarded, it would be a full-time studentship (funded for a duration of three years, subject to satisfactory progress) covering the home tuition fee, and a maintenance allowance. The maintenance allowance is currently
£13,500 per annum (this includes a teaching commitment).
Application deadline: 5.00pm on Friday 21 March 2014
Interviews will take place during week commencing 21 April 2014
Guidance for Applicants:
- Before you apply you are strongly advised to discuss your application with a prospective supervisor.Â If you donât already have a potential supervisor in mind, please email Dr Yuki Kamide ([email protected] with a brief description of the subject area and your sphere of interest and your enquiry will be forwarded to an appropriate contact.
- We can only accept applications through UKPASS. Details of application procedures can be found by clicking the ‘Apply’ button below.
Candidates should provide (through UKPASS):
- PhD research proposal (no longer than A4 2 pages)
- (Scanned) Transcripts for your undergraduate degree and masters degree (if applicable) (if you are due to complete your undergraduate / masters degree in summer 2014, you must submit the marks you have received so far)
- (Scanned) Certificates of your undergraduate degree and masters degree (if applicable)
- Two academic references ((either supplied via UKPASS or emailed directly to [email protected] (see application procedures link above for more details))
- (Scanned) English language certificate (if applicable)
- CV (optional)
Note: If original documents are not in English, certified translations into English are required.