As the University of Edinburgh was successful in its bid for an AHRC Block Grant Partnership (BGP), the School is pleased to invite applications from outstanding candidates for AHRC Doctoral Awards for 2014-15 entry. Subject to satisfactory progress, these awards will cover:
- Tuition fees for a maximum of three years at the Home/EU rate.Â
- Annual maintenance grant of c.Â£13,726 payable in equal monthly instalments, for a maximum of three years (only available to Home students).
- Annual research allowance of Â£500, for a maximum of three years.
- Applicants for these awards are required to have an application for a PhD place already in process.
- Due to finding restrictions overseas students are not eligible to apply for these awards.
- Successful applicants for nomination are likely to hold a UK first class honours undergraduate degree (or overseas equivalent) in a relevant field and to have demonstrated an equivalent level of high academic achievement, or be on course to do so, in a master’s degree in a relevant field.
Eligible applicants must complete and submit the online scholarship application by the application deadline. Please note that you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication.
Following the deadline a funding panel will convene to consider all applications. The School nominations will additionally be subject to approval by a College-level committee.
For further information on these awards and the online application form, please click the Apply button below.
Deadline for PhD Applications: 9th December, 2013 Deadline for AHRC Scholarship Applications: 10th January 2014
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application as soon as possible after the deadline.