The University of Siegen is an innovative and interdisciplinary University with ~ 17.500 students, 1.700 employees, including ~ 1.100 researchers. It offers a broad range of subjects covering humanities, social sciences, economics, natural sciences and engineering, excellent teaching facilities, and numerous interdisciplinary research projects.
Applications are invited for a PhD position at the Solid State Physics Group (Department of Physics, Faculty of Science and Technology) for a fixed term contract according to the German employment scheme (1/2 TVL 13) for the duration up to 3 years.
The successful candidate will participate in the BMBF-funded project âIn-situ study of the MBE-growth of single GaAs nanowires on Siliconâ. The anticipated start date is 15th January 2014. The position includes teaching duties of 2h / week.
- Development and implementation of a nano-focussing x-ray optics at the beamline P09 of the synchrotron radiation facility PETRA III (DESY, Hamburg).
- Preparation and realization of x-ray diffraction experiments during the growth of single semiconductor nanowires using a portable molecular beam epitaxy chamber.
- A diploma or masterâs degree in Physics or related subjects with excellent final mark
- Good knowledge of solid state physics and x-ray diffraction
- Experience in high resolution x-ray diffraction using synchrotron radiation
- Experience with focusing x-ray optics is desired
- Programming skills (MATLAB, Python)
The University of Siegen is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
For further information: Dr. Andreas Biermanns-FÃ¶th
Email: [email protected]Â via the Apply button below.
Please submit your applications (Motivation Letter, CV, certificates) until 15.11.2013 with reference code 2013/Fak.IV/Physik WM/82 to Prof. Dr. Ullrich Pietsch, UniversitÃ¤t Siegen, 57068 Siegen.
Further information about the University of Siegen can be found at www.uni-siegen.de.