COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: RUSSIA
â CEUâs Department of Philosophy is highly
suitable for almost any research in analytic
philosophy. It provides students with high-quality
courses, weekly colloquia with speakers from
leading universities, research groups, regular
conferences, and consultations on an individual
basis with top figures in the field. Most importantly,
however, you learn a lot not only from your
professors but from colleagues eager to discuss
difficult philosophical topics on a daily basis. â
Merit-based Scholarships Available
Central European University is an English-language, graduate university located in Budapest, Hungary. With students from some 100 countries and faculty from more than 40, CEU offers an extraordinary student/faculty ratio of 8:1. CEU is accredited in the U.S. and Hungary.
This interdisciplinary program combines historical and analytical approaches to major areas of philosophical study. CEUâs Department of Philosophy also works in close collaboration with the departments of Cognitive Science and Political Science.
- Master of Arts in Philosophy (One Year)
- Master of Arts in Philosophy (Two Years)
Selected Areas of Research
- Ancient and modern philosophy
- Philosophy of language and logic
- Philosophy of mind
- Political philosophy
- Theory of democracy
- Ethics and metaethics
- Free will
Scholarships and Fellowships
- CEU is committed to attracting talented students from around the worldâa commitment backed by generous financial aid. The University provides a variety of scholarships and research grants for which applicants from any country are eligible to apply.
- CEU Master’s Degree Fellowships (full or partial) include a full tuition scholarship (with a value of â¬11,000 to â¬12,000), housing in the CEU Residence Center, health insurance, and a monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
- CEU Master’s Degree Tuition Scholarships (full or partial) cover between 50 and 100 percent of tuition expenses up to â¬12,000 per year.
- Direct Student Loans and Canada Student Loans are available for eligible U.S. and Canadian students.
- External Scholarships and Financial Aid Programs administered through CEU include Erasmus Mundus scholarships, Erasmus research grants, and other private and public fellowships and scholarships.
Application Deadline | January 23, 2014
To apply, please click the More Information button below.