Selected outstanding graduate students will be invited to participate in a study tour focused on Canadian democratic governance and civil society or other key priority areas.This program is part of the Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program.
The Canadian institution will apply on behalf of students receives $300 CAN per student or researcher to cover administration fees once the scholarship recipient arrives in Canada.
Value of the Scholarship
The Canadian institution will be responsible for providing the funds to scholarship recipients as part of a contribution agreement.
The scholarship value varies depending on the duration and level of study. The scholarship value for students is:
- $7,200 CAN for college and undergraduate students for a period of four months or one academic term of study or research;
- $7,200 CAN for graduate students for a period of four months or one academic term of study or research; or
- $9,700 CAN for graduate students for a period of five or six months of study or research.
Canadian institutions will disburse funds to the student or researcher to cover costs including:
- visa and/or study/work permit expenses;
- funding for the most economical round trip economy class ticket;
- funding for health insurance;
- monthly living allowance;
Students must be citizens of one of the following eligible countries:
- Caribbean: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos;
- Central America: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama;
- North America: Mexico; or
- South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela.
You cannot apply if:
- you have obtained Canadian citizenship or have applied for permanent residency in Canada are not eligible;
- you already participating in an exchange program in Canada ;
- you already enrolled in a degree or diploma program at a Canadian university or college ;
Deadline is April 18th , 2013
Competition: Open for 2013-2014
Deadline: April 8, 2013
Who Applies: Canadian Institutions
For more information, please visit the Website