The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences is currently offering a number of three year Postgraduate Research funding opportunities http://www.bath.ac.uk/hss/graduate-school/funding/research-funding/ for full-time UK and overseas candidates including:
50th Anniversary Excellence Studentships (Overseas) in the Department of SPS
About the Department
The Department of Social and Policy Sciences (SPS) is one of the leading centres for social sciences in the UK. We have an excellent reputation for cutting edge research and innovative teaching.
We have been ranked exceptionally in the following league tables:
- Number one for Social Work in The Times Good University Guide 2013
- Ranked 2nd for Sociology in the Complete University Guide 2013
- Ranked 4th for Social Policy in the Times Good University Guide 2013
Our staff and students are involved in the study of the major challenges that we face as a society:
- Work and worklessness
- The welfare state
- Community cohesion
- Family life and parenting
- Health, illness and death
Our achievements have been recognised most recently by the award of the prestigious Queen’s Anniversary Prize in 2011.
Our world-leading research has influenced policy and practice at both national and international levels. It has also made major contributions to the development of theory, sensitive research methods and community engagement.
Our research themes are:
- Children, young people, families
- Lifelong health and wellbeing
- Work and welfare
- Global transformations and insecurity
- Governance and policy design
Successful Candidates should:Â
- Fulfil the entrance requirements for a Department of SPS MPhil/PhD (http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/pg/programmes/mphi-soci-poli-scie).
- Fulfil the URS terms and conditions (http://www.bath.ac.uk/hss/pdf/funding-terms-conditions/university-research-studentships.pdf)
The 50th Anniversary Excellence Studentship is specifically for overseas students and the funding lasts for three years. Each year provides:
- Overseas tuition fee
- Stipend of Â£13,726 (for living expenses) (2014/15 rate to be confirmed)
- Training Support Grant of Â£1,000 per year (for travel, fieldwork etc.)
How to apply
Applicants should apply online to study for a full time MPhil/PhD in SPS.
The application will also ask you to complete a funding request form. Use this to explain your experience and reasons for applying for this studentship.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon (GMT), 12 December 2013.
Should be addressed to the Faculty Admissions team at email@example.com