The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences is currently offering a number of three year Postgraduate Research funding opportunities http://www.bath.ac.uk/hss/graduate-school/funding/research-funding/ for full-time UK and overseas candidates including:
50th Anniversary Excellence Studentships (Overseas) in the Department for Health
About the Department
The Department for Health provides excellent opportunities for academic teaching and research collaborations with other departments, such as Education, Psychology, Social & Policy Science, Biology & Biochemistry and Pharmacy & Pharmacology. We also have a range of specialist equipment.
Our postgraduate teaching and research programmes now form part of the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences Graduate School. The Graduate School can provide you with dedicated support and a strong community in which to base your studies, whether on campus or by distance-learning.
- To develop a research portfolio that is both of the highest academic standard and has applications in the real world
- To build on external links with the public services and other bodies concerned with human function, health and society
- To promote innovation in the design and delivery of healthcare services
- To identify and facilitate opportunities for academic collaboration and new developments
Successful Candidates should:Â
- Fulfil the entrance requirements for a Department for Health MPhil/PhD (http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/pg/programmes/scho-for-heal-mphi/).
- Fulfil the URS terms and conditions (http://www.bath.ac.uk/hss/pdf/funding-terms-conditions/university-research-studentships.pdf)Â
The 50th Anniversary Excellence Studentship is specifically for overseas students and the funding lasts for three years. Each year provides:
- Overseas tuition fee
- Stipend of Â£13,726 (for living expenses) (2014/15 rate to be confirmed)
- Training Support Grant of Â£1,000 per year (for travel, fieldwork etc.)
How to apply
Applicants should apply online to study for a full time MPhil/PhD in Health.
The application will also ask you to complete a funding request form. Use this to explain your experience and reasons for applying for this studentship.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon (GMT), 12 December 2013.
Should be addressed to the Faculty Admissions team at email@example.com