The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences is currently offering a number of three year Postgraduate Research funding opportunities http://www.bath.ac.uk/hss/graduate-school/funding/research-funding/ for full-time UK and overseas candidates including:
50th Anniversary Excellence Studentships (Overseas) in the Department of Education
About the Department
The Department of Education is a thriving academic community focused on furthering our understanding of policy, culture, physical activity and diversity within an educational context. We hold a strong national and international reputation for our research.
We have an excellent network with a wide range of educational institutions including, schools, colleges, universities, local authorities and government departments, within the UK and also globally.
We currently host approximately 40 academic and research staff, and have over 100 students enrolled on our doctoral programmes studying and researching both on campus and via distance learning throughout the world.
Our research is centred around three core groups:
- Globalisation, International Education, Policy and Organisation (GIEPO)
- Philosophy, Language and Educational Practices (PLEP)
- Physical Cultural Studies ([email protected])
We also work closely with The International Centre for Higher Education Management.
In all three of the most recent national Research Assessment Exercises we were awarded the highest numerical rating (5) for the excellence of its research. In 2001 an official external inspection of the Departmentâs teaching by the QAA awarded an âexcellentâ score of 23 out of 24.Â
Successful Candidates should:Â
- Fulfil the entrance requirements for a Department of Education MPhil/PhD (http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/pg/programmes/educ-mphi/).
- Fulfil the URS terms and conditions (http://www.bath.ac.uk/hss/pdf/funding-terms-conditions/university-research-studentships.pdf)Â
The 50th Anniversary Excellence Studentship is specifically for overseas students and the funding lasts for three years. Each year provides:
- Overseas tuition fee
- Stipend of Â£13,726 (for living expenses) (2014/15 rate to be confirmed)
- Training Support Grant of Â£1,000 per year (for travel, fieldwork etc.)
How to apply
Applicants should apply online to study for a full time MPhil/PhD in Education.
The application will also ask you to complete a funding request form. Use this to explain your experience and reasons for applying for this studentship.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon (GMT), 12 December 2013.
Should be addressed to the Faculty Admissions team at [email protected]