The Virginia Whitsitt Memorial Scholarship Fund program provides annual scholarships to graduating seniors in honor of Helen Virginia Whitsitt. Scholarship awards are focused on students interested in pursuing a career in teaching and that demonstrate financial need. If qualified applicants are not available, the scholarship may be awarded to teachers who have returned to school for their masters degree in education.
Students eligible for assistance must meet the following criteria:
- Be a graduating senior from a high schools in the North Kansas City School District; and
- Intend to pursue a teaching degree.
Preference will be given to those demonstrating financial need.
One scholarship will be awarded annually and disbursed in equal payments in July and January. Recipients must continue to be enrolled full-time and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above the previous semester to be eligible for the second payment. Scholarship awards are non-renewable.
How to apply:
- Click here to access the application.
- Create a new AwardSpring user account or login.
- Complete all APPLICATION sections.
- You will be matched to the scholarship(s) you are eligible for based on your answers to the QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS.
- Complete all FOLLOW-UP questions in the AwardSpring DASHBOARD.
Scholarships expiring soon › Forums › USA:Virginia Whitsitt Memorial Scholarship