The purpose of the Fund shall be to provide scholarships to students who have had some adversity in their lives but who desire a second chance at a brighter future by continuing their education at a two-year or four-year college or university (pursuing an associate, undergraduate and/or graduate degree) or at a vocational or technical school.
The students eligible for assistance shall:
- Be graduating from high school or former high school graduates from a high school in the Kansas City, Kansas School District or the Kansas City, Missouri, School District;
- Have experienced some adversity in their lives;
- Demonstrate financial need; and
- Be planning to enroll in a two-year or four-year college or university to pursue an associate, undergraduate and/or graduate degree, or a vocational or technical school. Extra-curricular activities, community service experience and letters of recommendation may also be considered.
Scholarship recipients are also expected to give back to the community by completing at least 10 hours of community service each year they receive the scholarship. Ideally, the community service should also provide the scholarship recipient with a chance to work with a mentor who can provide them with valuable guidance in their education and in life. Scholarship recipients are expected to report back to the Advisory Committee of the Fund at least annually about their community service and mentor experience. If the scholarship recipient is unable to connect with a person they view as a mentor through community service, the recipient may also report to the Advisory Committee annually about one or more persons who are positive role models for the recipient in education and in life.
How to apply:
- Click here to access the application.
- Create a new AwardSpring user account or login.
- Complete all APPLICATION sections.
- You will be matched to the scholarship(s) you are eligible for based on your answers to the QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS.
- Complete all FOLLOW-UP questions in the AwardSpring DASHBOARD.
Scholarships may be awarded for tuition, fees, room and board and other education-related expenses.
Greater Kansas City Community Foundation (email@example.com)
Scholarships expiring soon › Forums › USA:Second Chance Scholarship Fund