To provide financial assistance to incoming and/or current high school students planning to attend a private high school in the Kansas City, Missouri area. Tony Fish Aguirre coached at the Guadalupe Centers, Inc. for over 50 years. He has helped many children and youth reach their greatest potential. His love of youth is an inspiration to many in the Latino community. This scholarship is named in his honor.
Each scholarship will be awarded without regard to race, gender, color, disability, or religion. Applications are verified and scored on a rubric point scale by a scholarship committee. Each criteria point will be given a weighted value during the scrutiny of the scholarship application process. Anonymity is used when applications are being scored. Scholarships are based on the following criteria:
- Participation in GCI Programs/Events
- Athletic Participation
- Financial Need
- Grade Point Average on a 4.0 scale
- Two letters of Recommendation
- All scholarship winners are required to volunteer at the Guadalupe Centers, Inc. for a minimum of 10 community service hours as a positive acknowledgment of their scholarship award. (These may also be counted toward community service hours required by their respective schools.) Past recipients must submit proof of community service hours.
- All scholarship recipients are considered role models for other students. Scholarship winners are expected to be positive examples representing the Guadalupe Centers, Inc. in our community. Any misconduct by scholarship winners will be reviewed by the committee and may result in withdrawal of the scholarship and/or request for recipient to repay any scholarship funds advanced during the year.
Greater Kansas City Community Foundation (email@example.com)
Scholarships expiring soon › Forums › USA:Guadalupe Centers, Inc. Tony Aguirre Scholarship