This fund was established by the Astronomical Society of Kansas City to provide academic scholarships to students who have expressed an interest in studying Astronomy, or a related field, and have been accepted into the Department of Physics at University of Missouri-Kansas City. Scholarship support must be used for tuition and/or class-related materials (i.e. textbooks, lab fees, equipment).
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (both in overall courses and also in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Physics core courses [300-level or higher]).
- Be already engaged in the extensive study of Astronomy, Astrophysics or related fields. The term extensive study means that the student will have completed at least 6 credit hours in Astronomy or Astrophysics at the 300-level or higher.
- Application on a form provided by the Foundation.
- A 1-2 page essay describing career goals in Astronomy or related field or the students current field of study. (If renewal, provide any research accomplished or paper published during the previous year.)
- Current transcript (unofficial transcript is sufficient)
June 1 for Fall semester