The shell joint venture scholarship is a yearly scholarship that targets Nigerian students that planned to commence undergraduate programs in Nigerian Universities. The students with progressive academic record as demonstrated by their results in SSCE and JAMBE are accepted every year.. The applicants are shortlisted on the basis of the national SSCE and JAMB examination results. This is followed by an aptitude test at the PortHarcourt, Warri, Enugu, Lagos and Abuja centres.
There are two categories of the Scholarship Scheme, the National Merit Award (NM), open to Nigerian undergraduates and Areas of Operation Merit Award (AOM), for students from communities in which Shell Nigeria operates. Only first year students are eligible for the awards in both categories.
These shell scholarship programs are tenable only in Nigerian Universities
Eligible Applicants must:
- Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
- Have gained admission during the 2013/2014 academic session, and pursuing a first degree programme.
- Have a minimum of seven credits, including Mathematics and English, in their O/Levels.
- Be enrolled full‐time, in a university in Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 3.5 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official records).
HOW TO APPLY
- All applicants should have their personal valid email account (for consistent communication).
- Candidates who meet the above entry qualifications should apply online, at www.scholastica.ng/schemes/SPDC to provide the required personal and educational details, and load scanned copies of the following:• A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, not more than 200kilobytes);
• University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter;
• Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
• ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
• Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
- Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:a) The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
b) The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC)
is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OE & OW). The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Sustainable Development (UIO/G/NRS), Shell Petroleum Development Company, Port Harcourt.
- Each document must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG.
Contact Email: email@example.com