Duchy College through its partnership with the Plymouth University is offering Research Masters (Equitation Science) within the following subject areas:
- Investigating Evaluator bias when assessing potential performance horses with respect to horse coat colour
- Does pedigree matter in Sport horses
- The socio-economic contribution of native ponies to Dartmoor and Exmoor National Parks
- Identifying the key aspects of a childâs horse riding lesson in Cornwall: measuring the needs of the child against the expectations of their parent or guardian, and recognising how can this be utilised to maximise participation and retention within Cornish equestrianism
- The contribution of the horse to Cornwallâs tourism trade
The qualification offers the opportunity to develop knowledge and experience in a highly focused and personal way. Â There are a number of scholarships available equivalent to the full cost of the part-time tuition fee.Â Qualification criteria apply; with applications particularly welcome from Cornwall.Â Further details are available on request.
Programme structure – The majority of study is undertaken via the completion of a Research Dissertation, additionally two taught modules delivered in a âblockâ format are studied.
Duration – a minimum of 18 months full-time, 24 months part-time.
Entry Requirement – Honours degree at 2:1 or higher in a biological science or related discipline.Â
Application and selection â Please contact Dr Tim Whitaker at Duchy College for further details of how to apply,Â please click the APPLY button below.
Closing date for applications 5pm Thursday 11th July 2013, interviews will be held in the week commencing 22nd July 2013.
Applications are particularly welcome from Cornwall and the wider South West Region.Â OS/non-EU citizens are not eligible for the scholarships described above.
T 01579 372327