PhD Studentships in Music

To celebrate the University’s research successes, the University of Hull is offering 13 full-time UK/EU PhD Scholarships or International Fees Bursaries for candidates applying within the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, including the areas listed below.

Closing date: – 3rd February 2014.
Studentships will start on 29th September 2014

Music (from the School of Drama, Music and Screen) invites applications from prospective graduates wishing to undertake research at PhD level in musicology, composition, or performance (including conducting).

Proposals will be considered from candidates with research projects that relate to music staff specialisms (see music staff pages on the website,-music-and-screen/music.aspx).

In musicology, students wishing to specialize in British music, 18th-century opera, jazz/popular music studies, music psychology, record production, or words/music (including Shakespeare and music) are encouraged.

In composition, supervision is available in both acoustic and electro-acoustic/sonic arts practice.

In performance, students can embrace classical, jazz and/or popular traditions.

Music at Hull has a vibrant research culture and a record of high-quality achievement. The School boasts distinguished scholars and practitioners in the research areas named above.

To apply for this post please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.

In order to qualify for this scholarship you will require a 2.1 in a relevant subject and be studying for a Masters.

Full-time UK/EU PhD Scholarship will include fees at the ‘home/EU’ student rate and maintenance (£13,726 in 2013/14) for three years, depending on satisfactory progress.

Also Read  Research Associate: Evaluation of a New Training Programme for Healthcare Scientists in the NHS with Opportunity to Complete Masters in Educational Studies (MRes)

Full-time International Fee PhD Studentships will include full fees at the International student rate for three years, dependant on satisfactory progress.

PhD students at the University of Hull follow modules for research and transferable skills development and gain a Masters level Certificate, or Diploma, in Research Training, in addition to their research degree.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *