Cranfield University & Moulton College
Supported by Frontier Agriculture Limited and Lamport Hall Preservation Trust
This project offers an opportunity for a suitably-qualified candidate to complete PhD research.
The working title of the project is:
- Optimising direct drilling methods in long-term no tillage farming systems and the effects on soil dynamics, water use and crop establishment of oilseed rape and winter wheat.
The PhD will largely be based on field experimental research at Lamport Hall in Northamptonshire, where various drilling methods are currently being tested.Â The successful student will have access to an office at Moulton College and will be registered for a PhD at Cranfield University. The successful student will work with the supervisory team and sponsors to develop the PhD programme.Â
The supervisory team are: Â DrÂ James Littlemore Dr. Paul Burgess and Professor Jane Rickson
Eligibility and requirements:Â
- Applicants should hold the minimum of a 2:1 honours degree in agriculture, agricultural engineering, agricultural management, land management, or a related discipline.
- The successful applicants will be working in a multi-disciplinary team, andÂ excellent communication skills are required.
- Due to restrictions on the funding this studentship is only open to candidates from the UK/EU.Â
Funding Details: Â Â
- Â This is a 3-year full time PhD studentship starting in September 2013Â Â
- Â A studentship of Â£12,000 p.a. (plus an additional Â£2, 000 – Â£3,000 subject to confirmation) for 3 years plus fees* is available. There is also the possibility of free accommodation on the Moulton campus in return for warden duties.
How to apply:Â Eligible applicants are asked to e-mail their CV (including names and addresses of two referees) and a statement regarding their suitability for this research studentship to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.comâ via the Apply button below, by 12 August 2013.Â It is planned that a shortlist of applicants will be invited for interview at Moulton College on Friday 16 August.