The University of Sheffield is recruiting for the following projects for scholarship funding in its department of Human Communication Sciences. Students wishing to propose their own topic may also apply. Please check ourÂ departmental websiteÂ for details of staff interests and current PhD titles to make sure your proposal is relevant.
Follow the links to find out more about each project.
- Family studies of cognition and communication: hormone effects in mothers and daughters
- Exploring the impact of digital technologies upon reading readiness
- Talking about language: A comparison of how Speech and Language Therapists and Second Language (L2) Teachers assess and teach language
- The speech, language and communication development of children in looked after provision
- Investigations into the neuropsychology of language
- Literacy development in children with English as an Additional Language (EAL) and how it can be supported in primary school years 4 to 6
- Supporting adolescent language skills in order to prevent educational failure in contexts of social disadvantage
The deadline for all of the above projects is 5pm 17 January 2014.
For more information and to submit an application, please use the âApplyâ button below.