Project aim: To generate a mathematical model to look at the mechanism of injury and the effects thereafter
In collaboration with Barts Health NHS Trust, the University of West London wishes to appoint a Graduate Scholar who will register as a full-time MPhil/PhD student and teach up to six hours per week (seminars, tutorials and assisting in monitoring the academic progress of students).
The Scholarship will offer:
- MPhil/PhD fee waiver at the home/EU rate (scholarship only open to UK/EU students);
- Tax-free stipend of Â£7000 per annum;
- Support, subject to satisfactory performance and academic progress, for three years;
- Principal supervision by Dr Ali Bahadori-Jahromi.
Applicants will be expected to hold a good undergraduate degree (first class or upper second class) in Mechanical or Structural Engineering and a postgraduate qualification in the same discipline. The project will involve both numerical modelling and computational simulation. Experience with Finite Element Analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamics are essential. Familiarity with the Artificial Neural Network (ANN) is an advantage.
- a CV that includes the names of two academic referees;
- a personal statement (1 side of A4) outlining your suitability for the role.
Closing date for applications: Monday 6th January 2014
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.