The Marion Dewar Scholarship Fund was established by the Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization (OCISO) in 2009, in honour of the late Marion Dewar, former Mayor of Ottawa. The goal of the Scholarship Fund is to provide financial support to foster academic and leadership excellence in immigrant and refugee youth. The fund will supplement the tuition and supplies required for their post-secondary education in the National Capital Region.
Each year, a scholarship of $1000 each will be awarded to two immigrant and refugee youth.
The candidate must:
• Be a resident of the National Capital Region for at least one year.
• Be a refugee or immigrant youth born of first generation immigrants.
• Demonstrate significant financial need.
• Be a graduating high school senior or from another accredited secondary institution in the National Capital Region.
• Be enrolled in first year of a first degree program or certificate program for the first time at an accredited post-secondary institution in the NCR as a FULL-TIME student.
• Have a good academic standing: A minimum GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale or 80%.
• Demonstrate leadership skills and community involvement (in addition to the forty hours of community service requirement for high school students).
Value of scholarship: $10000
Deadline:Completed applications must be postmarked to OCISO by October 18, 2013.
Candidates can download application for at the scholarship website.
Or contact the following for an application form
Administrative Assistant (613) 725-5671 x 332 or email [email protected].