To help support the University of Bath, School of Managementâs world-class graduate research environment and to provide doctoral training for outstanding individuals who want to pursue professional academic careers, the School of Management is offering bursaries against tuition fees.
Bursaries are for an October 2014 start only for three years, and are open to full-time and part-time UK, EU and international candidates who have both (i) exceptional academic qualifications and (ii) a strong commitment to acquiring a professional doctoral training to be management academics.
Research interests in any field of management will be considered, from exceptional candidates from anywhere in the world, and from any prior disciplinary background. Applications are welcomed from outstanding graduates who:
1. must hold at a minimum a bachelor degree (a First or Upper-second or GPA equivalent)
2. Are fluent in English.
3. Are strongly committed to, and potentially capable of, high-quality academic research in an area that is consistent with the research expertise of School staff, as well as the ability and desire to develop their teaching skills in this area.
Suitably qualified candidates should apply directly online https://www.bath.ac.uk/study/pg/applications.pl attaching, without fail as additional documents, ALL of the following:
1. A single document containing the following and in this order:-
(a) A statement confirming that you are applying for a Graduate School Scholarship
(b) A statement up to 200 words of why the applicant wants to become a professional management scholar.
(c) A statement up to 200 words of which Subject Group of the School applicants wish to make a research contribution and why they think they will succeed in making such a contribution.
(d) The names of at least two, School of Management faculty members that applicants think might be appropriate doctoral supervisors for their research interests.
2. An original preliminary research proposal written by applicants themselves.
3. A full academic CV, including all schools, colleges and universities attended, along with grades and working experience.
4. Copies of official transcripts of all degree subjects taken, and proof of English fluency (IELTS â 7 or higher, TOEFL – 100 internet, Pearsons).
Applications that do not supply all of the above items in full will NOT be considered, so do please be sure to send ALL the items requested.
Closing date for applications: 12pm Thursday 6th March 2014
All applicants are advised to view the Schoolâs webpages: http://www.bath.ac.uk/management/phd/
Applicants must a new PhD student to the School of Management. Annual continuation of studentships will depend on satisfactory academic performance by holders. For any queries please contact: Graduate Division, School of Management, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, United Kingdom. Email: [email protected] Tel: 44 (0) 1225 386162.
To apply for this post, please click on the Apply button below.