The University of West London is a leading modern university specialising in the education and development of connected, creative, business and service professionals. Within UWL, the School of Computing and Technology has a number of research centres and groups undertaking world class research in a wide selection of computing areas.Â
The University wishes to appoint a Graduate Scholar in the following strategically important areas in the Computing discipline:
- Case-based reasoning; ambient intelligence; linked data; explanation-aware multi-agent systems; in a variety of applications, including sound engineering;
- Internet security and cybercrime, specifically working with honeypots and their applications;
- Complex event processing;
- Communicating data over sound for novel applications, including m-health;
- Cloud computing;
- Big data and analytics; and
- The user experience and internationalisation, interaction design for the workplace.
The Graduate Scholar will register as a full-time MPhil/PhD student in one of the above strategic areas and will teach up to six hours per week (seminars, tutorials, marking and assisting in monitoring the academic progress of students).
The Scholarship will offer:
- MPhil/PhD fee waiver at the home/EU rate;
- Tax-free stipend of Â£7000 per annum;
- Support, subject to satisfactory performance and academic progress, for three years.
For further information about the Graduate Scholarships, please email [email protected] indicating the area in which you are interested. You will then be sent details of the specific projects available including the entry criteria for each project and details of the application process.
Last date for enquiries: Friday 23 August 2013
Closing date for applications: Sunday 25 August 2013