About the award
The ?30,000 Ayudar Scholarship is for a Colombian national enrolling on the full-time MSc Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture in 2014/15. The award covers the full cost of international tuition fees plus a contribution towards subsistence. The funds are generously donated by an alumnus from the University of Exeter and his Colombian wife ? Gerry and Clemencia Brown. Their desire is to support the development of talent in Colombia, and particularly talent which will make a positive social and environmental impact.
To be eligible, you must intend to enrol on the full-time MSc Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture in 2014 and satisfy the following criteria:
- Be a Colombian citizen planning to return to Colombia and apply their learning after graduation;
- Have a clear and demonstrable desire to make a difference in helping business to contribute back to society and/or improve the environment. You will need to write a compelling personal statement to demonstrate this;
- Have a clear and demonstrable case that, without the scholarship, you would not have the financial means to undertake a Masters in Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture in the UK;
- Have a good academic background with the equivalent of a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree;
- Meet the English language requirements for the MSc Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture.
–> Application deadline: 30th May 2014 Number of awards: 1 Value: ?30,000 to cover the full cost of tuition fees plus a contribution to subsistence Duration of award: for 1 year Contact: External Relations Team email@example.com?
How to apply:
To apply, please apply to the MSc Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture programme via the ‘Apply‘ button below?and include with this application a supporting statement of up to 1,000 words demonstrating how you meet the eligibility requirements of the award.
The deadline for applications to this award is 30 May 2014.