To help support the University of Bathâs world-class research environment and to provide doctoral training for outstanding individuals seeking specifically to pursue professional academic careers, the School of Management is seeking applications for its 50th Anniversary Excellence Studentships for Overseas Students. âOverseas Excellenceâ Studentships worth approximately Â£27,000 per annum for 3 years (overseas tuition fees, maintenance and training support grant) are open to candidates from anywhere in the world (outside the EU) who have both (i) exceptional academic qualifications and (ii) a strong commitment to acquiring a professional research training to become management academics.
Research interests in any field of management will be considered, from exceptional candidates from anywhere in the world (outside the EU), and from any prior disciplinary background. Applications are welcomed from genuinely outstanding graduates who:
1. must hold at a minimum a bachelor degree (a First or Upper-second or GPA equivalent)
2. Are fluent in English.
3. Are strongly committed to, and potentially capable of, high-quality academic research in an area that is consistent with the research expertise of School staff, as well as the ability and desire to develop their teaching skills in this area.
Suitably qualified candidates should apply directly online https://www.bath.ac.uk/study/pg/applications.pl attaching, without fail as additional documents, ALL of the following:
1. A single document containing the following and in this order:-
(a) A statement confirming that you are applying for an Overseas Excellence Research Scholarship
(b) A statement up to 200 words of why the applicant wants to become a professional management scholar.
(c) A statement up to 200 words of which Subject Group of the School applicants wish to make a research contribution and why they think they will succeed in making such a contribution.
(d) The names of at least two, School of Management faculty members that applicants think might be appropriate doctoral supervisors for their research interests.
(3) A statement up to 100 words of why you think you should be awarded a studentship.
2. An original preliminary research proposal written by applicants themselves.
3. A full academic CV, including all schools, colleges and universities attended, along with grades and working experience.
4. Copies of official transcripts of all degree subjects taken, and proof of English fluency (IELTS â 7 or higher, TOEFL – 100 internet, Pearsons).
Applications that do not supply all of the above items in full will NOT be considered, so do please be sure to send ALL the items requested.
Closing date for applications: 12pm Thursday 11th December 2013
All applicants are advised to view the Schoolâs webpages: http://www.bath.ac.uk/management/phd/
Applicants must a new PhD student to the School of Management. Annual continuation of studentships will depend on satisfactory academic performance by holders. For any queries please contact: Graduate Division, School of Management, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, United Kingdom. Email: email@example.com Tel: 44 (0) 1225 386162.