The Scholarship for USA for women in Science i now open.
Interested women must pay attention to the eligibility requirements indicated below.
The L’Oréal USA For Women in Science fellowship program is a laudable program that awards five women postdoctoral scientists annually with grants of $60,000 each for their contributions in Science and engineering.
The eligibility criteria for the L’Oréal USA For Women in Science fellowship program is as follows:
- Must have a conferred PhD and have started in a postdoctoral research position by December 31, 2015
- Must maintain the status of postdoctoral researcher throughout the fellowship year
- Must be American born, naturalized citizen or permanent resident
- Must be affiliated with a U.S. based academic or research institution
- Must plan to conduct their postdoctoral studies and research in the U.S.
- Must be involved in basic research in the life and physical/material sciences, engineering & technology, computer science and mathematics
- Cannot be in a faculty position
- Must commit to at least twenty hours of activity in support of women and girls in science (e.g. mentoring, classroom visits, media, events)
- Must be available the week of October 4-7, 2016 for the For Women in Science Awards Week
The Selection Process for the L’Oréal USA For Women in Science fellowship program
To ensure that the candidates who are selected represent scientific excellence, the program utilizes a two-phased application review process.
In the first round, applications are evaluated by experienced scientists in the candidates’ respective fields. In the second round, a distinguished Jury of eminent scientists evaluates the top-ranked candidates and selects the five winners.
Method of application
Candidates are advised to submit their application online