There will be up to three (3) Frank Knox Memorial Graduate Fellowships that will be awarded to students from Canada for graduate study at Harvard University in academic year 2014-2015.
This scholarship is for students who:
- are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada at the time of application and who are normally residing in Canada.
- have completed a first degree or higher degree at a Canadian university which must be a member or affiliated with a member of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC).
- are studying for a first or higher degree and will graduate in the academic year 2013-2014; OR have completed a first or higher degree and graduated no earlier than 2009.
Please note that this scholarship is not for:
- Post Doctoral students
- undergraduate students
- Not for students that graduated before 2009
Deadline: November 29, 2013.
The application process for the Frank Knox Memorial Fellowship at Harvard University for students from Canada is managed by the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC).
Interested Candidates must use the official Frank Knox Memorial Fellowship at Harvard University application form, which can be downloaded HERE. The applicant must submit the full application package directly to the AUCC postmarked no later than November 29, 2013.
The full application package must include:
- a completed Frank Knox Memorial Fellowship at Harvard University application form;
- a curriculum vitae;
- an official and complete university transcript* of all university marks. Applicants studying medicine are required to also submit their rotation report;
- two signed reference letters with the references’ original signatures. The references should include the names and addresses of the two (2) referees, each of whom should be asked to complete the reference by the applicant and each referee should then send it directly to the AUCC by November 29, 2013, (please note that the responsibility for ensuring that letters of reference are forwarded to the AUCC on time rests solely with the applicant – the AUCC does not pursue late letters of reference from referees);
- a short essay – which must not exceed 1,000 words – providing an account of the applicant’s academic pursuits, intellectual interests, extra-curricular activities and the reasons for his/her desire to study at Harvard University; the essay should also explain the applicant’s plan of study at Harvard and his/her future plans;
- Letter of Endorsement Form (nomination form). Note that the Letter of Endorsement Form must be completed by the appropriate university official in the foreign country for candidates who have graduated from a university in another Knox-eligible country (Australia, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom);