We are seeking talented and motivated students for our doctoral programme GIScience to work in the following fields:
- Integrating Object Based Image Analysis and GIS for multi-scale information handling (T. Blaschke)
- Geonalytics: domain- and scale specific regionalization (S. Lang)
- 3D structure tectonics of mountain belts: linking deep-crustal processes with sedimentary basin evolution and 3D structures of fault zones (F. Neubauer)
- Extending GIS Capabilities of Database Systems (N. Augsten)
- System Dynamics GIS (J: Strobl) ·
- Land surface processes and Remote Sensing (A. Bartsch)
- Geospatial Technology and GIScience in Spatial Crime Analysis and Mapping (M. Leitner) ·
- Collective Sensing and geo-spatial Big Data (E. Beinat)
For the years 2015 2019 the Doctoral College will admit 8 FWF funded students who will be employed as researchers at the University of Salzburg. Please find further information under category FWF funded Students
Additional 12 positions are foreseen for associated students. Please find further information about this process under category Associated Students.
Applicants may state their preference for a supervisor or research field in the admission form. Assignment to the PhD advisor will be decided at the point of admission to the programme.
Who is Eligible?
We invite applicants from all countries. Requirements are the excellent completion of a degree at the Masters level in Geoinformatics, Geomatics, Computer Science or any scientific/technical subject in a relevant field, and excellent English language (both oral and writing) skills.
How to Apply
Guidelines for online application:
1) Choose a thesis topic, advertised under category “Research Topics“
2) Fill in the online application form
3) Submit the application until 13 April 2015.
All information provided must be accurate and complete. In addition to the online application please send the following documents as two files to firstname.lastname@example.org until 13th April, 2015.
- Comprehensive curriculum vitae in Europass format (save file as LastnameFirstname_CV.pdf)
- Digital copies of degree awards and transcripts documenting the fulfilment of the entry requirements. Original or attested copies may be requested later for verification in case of selection.
- Language certificate (see application form)
Save all documents mentioned under category 2) to 4) as ONE FILE, named LastnameFirstname_appendix.pdf.
Please note that this is a selection process for the DK. Selected candidates will need to send additional material including original documents for the final enrolment/admission at the University of Salzburg.
For all inquiries, please contact giscience[at]sbg.ac.at