Science Without Borders (SWB) is a popular large-scale scholarship program funded by the Brazilian federal government.
The program aims to enhance international education through the international mobility of graduate students, researchers, post-doctoral encouraging research, innovation and exchange between Brazilian universities and colleges around the world.
The program is a joint effort of the Ministry of Education (MEC) and the Ministry of Science and Technology (MCT) through their respective funding agencies – CAPES and CNPq.
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Be Brazilian or naturalized;
- Be regularly enrolled in a higher education institution in Brazil in courses related to the priority areas of Science without Borders;
- Have been assigned note of the National Examination of Secondary Education – ENEM – with at least 600 points considering the tests applied from 2009;
- Possess good academic performance;
- Have completed at least 20% and at most 90% of the planned curriculum for the undergraduate program.
Preference will be given in the standings in the event of a tie in ENEM to applicants who:
- They were awarded prizes in scientific Olympiads in the country or abroad;
- Have had or be utilizing any scientific or technological initiation of CNPq scholarship (PIBIC / PIBITI) or CAPES PIBID.
Key Disciplines accepted in the program
- Engineering and other technological fields;
- Exact and Earth Sciences;
- Renewable energy;
- Mineral Technology;
- Training of technologists;
- Oil, Gas and Coal;
- Nanotechnology and New Materials;
- Sustainable Agricultural Production;
- Technology for Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Disasters;
- Biodiversity and Bioprospecting
- Aerospace Technology;
- Marine Sciences;
- Computer and Information Technology;
- Creative Industry (focused on products and processes for technological development and innovation);
- New Constructive Engineering Technologies;
- Biology, Biomedical and Health Sciences;
The Students will get
- Free tuition;
- Aid teaching materials
- Air tickets;
- Health insurance.
This scholarship is offered in Partnership with many universities around the world