- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2015 & 2016).
- Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
- All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C.
- Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
• Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction.
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): Russia, China, Morocco, Turkey, Algeria, Romania, Serbia, Japan, Ukraine, Cuba, Greece, Czech Republic, Syria, Macedonia, Mexico, Egypt, Tunisia etc.
Interview Dates and Zones (Venues):
North West: Location of interview is Kasu Main Campus
- Mon 13th Feb: Sokoto and Zamfara states
- Tues 14th Feb: Kano and Kebbi states
- Wed 15th Feb: Jigawa and Katsina states
- Thurs 16th Feb: Kaduna state
North East: Location of interview is FGGC Jalingo, Taraba State
- Mon 13th Feb: Borno and Yobe states
- Tues 14th Feb: Bauchi and Gombe states
- Wed 15th Feb: Adamawa state
- Thurs 16th Feb: Taraba state
North Central: Crowther Memorial College, Lokoja Kogi state
- Mon 13th Feb: Benue state and FCT
- Tues 14th Feb: Niger and Plateau states
- Wed 15th Feb: Nasarawa and Kwara state
- Thurs 16th Feb: Kogi state
South West: School of Science, Okebola, Ibadan, Oyo state
- Mon 13th Feb: Osun and Ondo states
- Tues 14th Feb: Lagos and Ogun states
- Wed 15th Feb: Ekiti state
- Thurs 16th Feb: Oyo state
South South: Federal COE Tech Permanent Site along Asaba-Ibusa rd., Asaba, Delta state
- Mon 13th Feb: Cross River and Rivers states
- Tues 14th Feb: Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa states
- Wed 15th Feb: Edo state
- Thurs 16th Feb: Delta state
South East: Law Faculty, Ebonyi State University, Ebonyi state
- Mon 13th Feb: Anambra state
- Tues 14th Feb: Imo state
- Wed 15th Feb: Abia and Enugu states
- Thurs 16th Feb: Ebonyi state
Requirements for the Interview: All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of the Printed Completed application forms are usually submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- One certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June only; • Statement of results must be confirmed by WAEC and forwarded to the Director/Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja;
- Two copies of Birth certificate
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) passport sized coloured photographs on white background;
- Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates will be required from applicants for Postgraduate Studies.
How to Apply: Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be required to submit the following documents to the Federal Scholarship Board:
- Photocopies of Authenticated academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport, and
- Specified Medical Reports & Police clearance certificate.