The purpose of the Fund shall be to provide scholarships to deserving high school graduates who reside in certain Clinton County, Michigan school districts and who are pursuing an architectural or engineering degree.
Eligible applicants must be a senior in high school and meet the following minimum criteria for consideration:
- Minimum of a high school Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Individual must confirm acceptance to a minimum four (4) year college curriculum and attend that institution accredited in the program selected.
- Individual has not attended another college or university after graduating from high school.
- Individual must declare a major in the following program fields to be considered:
- Architectural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Eligible applicants must be a gradudating high school senior who resides in one of the following defined Clinton County School Districts:
- Bath High School Bath Community Schools 48808
- Carson City-Crystal High School Carson City Crystal Area Schools 48811
- Dewitt High School Dewitt Public Schools 48820
- Fowler High School Fowler Public Schools 48835
- Fulton High School Fulton Schools 48856
- Grand Ledge High School Grand Ledge Public Schools 48837
- Laingsburg High School Laingsburg Community Schools
- Ovid Elsie High School Ovid Elsie Area Schools 48831
- Pewamo-Wesphalia High School Pewamo-Wesphalia Community Schools 48873
- Portland High School Portland Public Schools 48875
- St. Johns High School St. Johns Public Schools 48879
Eligible applicants must respond to the following essay questions. The Scholarship Board will evaluate the essays based on creativity, thoughtfulness and development. Each essay willl be limited to 200 words or less, or combined 500 words or less.
- As you view U.S. society and culture, what do you think ought to change and how do you see yourself as an agent of that change?
- How do you intend to take advantage of the college environment to broaden your educational and life experience
- If you could spend a year of your life engaged in service or research, without having concern for monetary support, what would you do and why? How would this experience foster your goals and aspirations?
The scholarship will be paid in two equal installments for the next academic year. The second installment will be released upon proof of good academic progress (transcript required as proof). Individual must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.00.