- Have their primary residence in Jackson County (even though they may attend post-secondary school outside of Jackson County);
- Either have developmental disabilities or have or plan to have a course of study the major focus of which is working in the developmental disability field;
- Be enrolled in or planning to enroll in a two-year or four-year college or university or a vocational or technical school; and
- Demonstrate a commitment to furthering their education.
In choosing between multiple applicants for scholarship assistance each of whom meets one or the other of the criteria described in clause (2), preference will be given to applicants who themselves have developmental disabilities. Academic progress, extracurricular activities, community service and financial need may also be taken into consideration.
These scholarships will be supplemental for students who have already earned academic scholarships. Students must submit a scholarship application on a form provided by the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation.
How to Apply
- Click here to access the application.
- Create a new AwardSpring user account or login.
- Complete all APPLICATION sections.
- You will be matched to the scholarship(s) you are eligible for based on your answers to the QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS.
- Complete all FOLLOW-UP questions in the AwardSpring DASHBOARD.