Established by William and Marilyn Taylor in memory of their daughter, Megan E. Taylor, the fund will provide four-year scholarships to females graduating from Shawnee Mission South High School. Students must be in the top one-third of their graduating class, demonstrate financial need and embody some of the ideals, traits and interests of Megan E. Taylor.
Students eligible for assistance must meet the following:
- Be a graduating female at Shawnee Mission South High School;
- Be in the top one-third of their graduating class;
- Demonstrate financial need;
- Have desirable personal ideals and traits, including consideration for others, self-sacrifice, positive attitude, work ethic, intelligence and accomplishment; and
- Have interests in the areas of religion, music, dance, volunteerism and/or Hispanic heritage.
Scholarships may be used at any public or private institution; however, scholarship awards will generally be based on the “expected family contribution” per the FAFSA Student Aid Report compared to the in-state cost at a Kansas college or university.
The award amount is approximately $2,500 per year for a four-year college and a lesser amount for a community college.
Previous scholarship recipients may re-apply by May 15 of each year to renew their scholarship for up to three additional years. To remain eligible for the scholarship recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or above and be enrolled as a full-time student (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester).
How to apply:
- Click here to access the application.
- Create a new AwardSpring user account or login.
- Complete all APPLICATION sections.
- You will be matched to the scholarship(s) you are eligible for based on your answers to the QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS.
- Complete all FOLLOW-UP questions in the AwardSpring DASHBOARD.
May 15 for Current Recipients