This scholarship called Australian Development Scholarships (ADS) is established as of development cooperation between Australia and partner countries with which Australia has a bilateral aid program. ADS provide partner countries with the opportunity to strengthen its human resource capacity through offering scholarships to individuals within key institutions, to undertake tertiary studies in Australia in areas relevant to the development needs of the country.
Who can apply?
Scholarships are primarily for postgraduate study, however a limited number of undergraduate scholarships are available in specific countries. Applicants for ADS must satisfy both the general eligibility criteria and specific criteria established for each country. For further information regarding eligibility criteria and ADS scholarship benefits, please visit the AusAID website
What you will get:
ADS are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
- Full tuition fees.
- Return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route.
- Establishment allowance—a once only payment of A$5,000 as a contribution towards as accommodation expenses, text books, study materials.
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) is a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by AusAID. From 1 January 2013, CLE payable to Scholars studying under an ADS is A$30,000 per year.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)—a compulsory 4-6 week program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on life and study in Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)—provided to cover the student’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre existing conditions).
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees—if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training.
- Supplementary Academic Support may be available to ensure a Scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience.
- Fieldwork (for research students only)—may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
How to Apply:
You can either apply online or by mail. However befor you apply check if the scholarship is tenable in your country and closing dates here
To Apply online please visit Australian Scholarships Information System (OASIS) website.
You do not need to submit your application immediately. You can update your draft application form and supporting documentation until 30 April 2013, (or an earlier date specified on the relevant participating country profile). Once submitted, your application cannot be changed.